Wednesday 25 January 2012

A Shopping Blog from a Recovering Shopaholic


My name is Maggie Jakubiak and I am a recovering shopaholic. Most of you reading this might be wondering why a recovering shopaholic is starting a must-have products blog? Fair question. My boyfriend made the same argument, after telling him my first blog idea, which was titled “Creative Ways to Save Money” but was quickly put to rest when I realized I had no interest in the subject what-so-ever.
So here is my logic to writing a shopping blog. Shopping is my first love, but working two jobs while attending college full time in efforts to support my shopping habit, I realize, sleepless nights and premature wrinkles are just not worth it. I have decided I need to become a smarter consumer– and voila– my idea for a shopping blog is born.

I swear:
I will create a blog that is focused only on products that bring joy to my life.

I will not shop just for the pure satisfaction of exchanging my credit card information with the nice saleswomen that tells me how amazing I look in the shirt, which resembles the four I already have hanging in my closet.
I will do my research! Not only will I love the product I buy, but I will love the company it was manufactured by.

Once a week, I will update my blog with a new product.
I will provide information on where to purchase this item so everyone can experience a little bit of love in his or her life.

Now that all the logistics are in order, stay tuned for next week when I reveal my first can’t-live-without product.

Happy shopping,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment